RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Participants must attend the mandatory pre-race meeting at 9am on race day.
- Participants must complete the course under their own power.
- No motorized vehicles allowed.
- All participants must wear a helmet.
- Stay on the marked route and do not go off the route to bypass or cut corners.
- No littering on course. We rely on permits from New Mexico State Parks and also strongly agree with Leave No Trace principles ourselves. If you are caught littering, you may be disqualified.
- Any rider dropping out of the race must notify a race official. If unaccounted for, the rider will be responsible for paying for a Search and Rescue team sent out to look for them.
- Please obey race officials.
- Race officials have the right to remove any rider from the course deemed necessary for their safety and the safety of others.
- Use of iPods or mp3 players is prohibited for safety reasons.
- Timing will officially end at 3:00 p.m.
- Emergency medical services will be on sight.
- Be prepared to share the trails and roads with other users as they will be open to public use during the event, which includes motor vehicles (on the paved portion only).
- Please assist other riders in a medical or other emergency.
- We will not enforce a strict time cut-off, but do expect participants to be able to complete the course in a reasonable time.
last updated 12-10-16
- Registration cost is $40 per person (pre-registration through September 20, 2017).
- Anyone registering on race day will be charged an additional $10.
- Race day registration be from 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m., at Sugarite State Park Visitor’s Center, $50
- Please use your age on race day when signing up for the event.
- Your entry fee includes a supported timed race, a piece of race apparel, pre and post race snacks, a goodie bag, and hours of fun.
- Race day registration is available in person at Sugarite State Park Visitor’s Center from 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 a.m. for $50.
- In person registrants are not guaranteed the items listed above as ‘swag’, although we will do everything we can to accommodate in-person registrants.
- There is a limit of 150 registrants for this race.
- Registration categories will be determined by age and sex, depending on the number of registrants of each age.
- There will be an ‘open’ category (all ages and both sexes) for single speed.
- We retain the right to adjust age brackets depending on numbers of pre-registrants.
- There will be prizes for the overall winner, male and female, as well as the winner of all age groups and single speed contestants.
last updated 12-10-16