- General locations of challenge stations will be forthcoming.
- As the race begins, riders will proceed about three miles on a gradual uphill on a wide ATV type trail past Lake Alice, toward Lake Maloya on Lake to Lake Trail.
- At Lake Maloya, riders will start the uphill climbs of the Ponderosa Trail or Wapiti Trail depending on which trail loop they decide to begin with.
- Wapiti Trail is about three miles and is all Jeep trail or single track. Includes wide open flats and a necessary break during a beautiful downhill.
- The trail loops are connected by Lake Maloya Dam, the only pavement on the ride (about 100 yards).
- The Ponderosa Trail, a single track, is a mile and a half climb toward Segestrom Mesa.
- Once the riders navigate the switchbacks out of Segestrom Canyon and top out on the mesa, they will continue on the flat single track over areas of lava rocks, stumps and grassy knolls.
- After about a mile of flat terrain, the Ponderosa ‘Loop’ finishes with an amazing downhill single track of switchbacks, and another mile and a half of gradual downhill on wide open single track. The Ponderosa Loop totals six miles.
- After completing both the Ponderosa and Wapiti Trail Loops riders the proceed back down the Lake to Lake Trail finishing the race back at the Visitor Center.
- There will be six challenge stations along the course. They can be engaged in any order at any point during the race. To complete the race all challenge stations but be completed before finish at the Visitor Center.