- As the race begins, riders will proceed about three miles on a gradual uphill on a wide ATV type trail past Lake Alice, toward Lake Maloya on Lake to Lake Trail.
- At Lake Maloya, riders will start the first of four tortuous uphill climbs at Ponderosa Trail.
- They will continue around Wapiti Loop, which includes wide open flats and a necessary break during a beautiful downhill.
- Wapiti Trail is about three miles and is all Jeep trail or single track.
- Bikers will then scream across Lake Maloya Dam, the only pavement on the ride (about 100 yards) to Ponderosa Trail, a single track, mile and a half climb toward Segestrom Mesa.
- Once the riders top out at Soda Pocket Road, they continue the flat single track over areas of lava rocks, stumps and grassy knolls.
- After about a mile of flat terrain, the Ponderosa ‘Loop’ finishes with an amazing downhill single track of switchbacks, and another mile and a half of gradual downhill on wide open single track. This amazing portion will refresh you to start this all over again for Round Two! The Ponderosa Loop totals six miles.
- Riders then return the opposite direction over Lake Maloya Dam and return to Wapiti where they will do an ‘altered’ Loop that includes the uphill previously ridden, but a different flat terrain and gnarly downhill until the trail reconnects with the downhill of Wapiti ridden on Round One.
- A second ride up, over and down Ponderosa completes Round Two and riders will then proceed back down toward Lake Alice on the Lake to Lake Trail, then complete the ride following the Visitor’s Center trail upon which they started.